If you have trees around your home, you need to be taking care of them a few times per year. Pruning, trimming and tree removal are not easy tasks, especially if you don’t have the right tools and knowledge to do the job.
Tree care requires you to work at a height that can put you at risk. To prevent any accidents, you probably will want to hire a tree service to get the job done for you. Here are several vital questions you will want to consider when looking for the best tree care service company.
Tree Service Birmingham AL – Tips For Hiring A Tree Care Service
1. Ask for certifications and accreditation: Make sure that the company you’re going to hire is certified by the International Society of Arboriculture (ISA) and accredited by the Tree Care Industry Association (TCIA). This will ensure that their employees are Certified Arborists and Certified Tree Care Safety Professionals.
2. Ask for proof of insurance: As a homeowner, you need to ensure that the company you’re going to hire is insured. Hiring a company that’s insured means that you will not be accountable for any damage or accidents that may occur.
3. Ask for references: Ask the company for a list of customers they have done work with recently. Any reputable company will give you a list of their happy and satisfied customers.
4. Ask for a detailed estimate for price and project completion: Check around and get at least 3 estimates from different companies. This will give you a chance to compare prices and the extent of the job. It will also give you an idea of how long the project will take.
5. Ask what gears they’re going to use for the project: If your trees only require pruning, make sure that you tell the company not to use spikes to climb the trees. This is because climbing spikes can damage the bark of a tree. On the other hand, if a tree is being removed, climbing spikes can be used.
6. Ask for their safety practices: Make sure that the tree care company you’re looking to hire requires all their employees to follow the Occupational Safety and Health Administration’s (OSHA) policy to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) while on the job.
Don’t hesitate to give us a call. Thank you for being our customer, we wouldn’t have a business without you!
The Folks at National Tree Service
Call us today for a FREE no obligation consultation on all of your tree needs. We are confident once you compare our quality, reputation, credentials and honest, fair pricing you will choose us call us at (205) 956-3000 or click here to send us an email.